Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tag! I'm it ... are you?

I got tagged! Shannon at Sincerely Shannon tagged me to answer eight questions, then tag eight other people to answer a new set of eight questions that I have to come up with. Exciting!!! (Can y'all tell I love having something picked out for my blog already?) I also love the theme, Shannon :)
1. Do you like Starbucks? And are you a fan of their seasonal coffees (aka. pumpkin spice latte)?

I heart Starbucks. I have never had one of their seasonal drinks, but I think I might have to try a pumpkin spice this year. I don't go there often, so when I do, I get a mocha. Tall, decaf, skinny, splash of vanilla ... nom, nom, nom.

2. How do you decorate and prepare for fall?

I have a HUGE box full of things to decorate with for fall - everything from football memorabilia to pumpkins and leaves, to Halloween. I've got a great pumpkin collection going on. Sadly, I don't have room in Auburn right now to decorate for seasons. I'm trying to figure it out. Usually, I start pulling out the fall in September, get out the Halloween in October, turn the jack-o-lanterns around for Thanksgiving, put up the tree Thanksgiving night (in a perfect world!), and switch out fall with Christmas in December. Or after Thanksgiving.
  
3. Will you participate in your college's homecoming activities?

Probably not. While I did most of my undergrad at Auburn, I graduated from UAB. I never could get into the spirit at UAB, and I feel awkward doing the homecoming thing with Auburn since I didn't graduate from there. Anyway, everyday I spend in Auburn is a homecoming :)

4. What is your favorite fall clothing item or accessory?

Sweaters. And boots. I can't pick one.

5. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?

I think the best one I ever had was a "teenybopper", back when they wore poodle skirts, white t-shirts, scarves, and keds. My mother made part of my costume, a pink felt poodle skirt. I wish I still had it. (And that I could still wear it, but that was 18 years ago. Oh, am I getting old!)

6. Do you like halloween/horror movies? Do you have a favorite?

I really don't like them. No matter how cheesy or fake they are, I will have dreams about them. I also don't like all that "impending doom" music. ("Grey's Anatomy" season finale, anyone? No amount of chocolate or wine could save me from that one.)
I am a bit partial to It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. :)

7. What is your favorite fall activity? (College football games, Costume parties, Trick or treating, carving pumpkins, haunted houses, apple picking, etc)

Gamedays and Halloween parties. Anyone in Auburn want to send their kids to trick or treat me? Please?

8. What is your favorite fall recipe?

Vegetable Soup and Cornbread. It's actually really easy. Get whatever vegetables you like, stew beef, a beef boullion. Brown the beef, put it all together in a stock pot, add some water. Add about four to six boullion cubes. Cook on low for about six hours. Nom. Nom. Nom. As for the cornbread, I make my own, but Sister Schuberts make a great frozen cornbread. I'll post a better recipe later. I promise.

My Eight Questions

1. What is your favorite fall tradition? (I know I kind of stole that one from Shannon, but I love hearing about 'em!)

2. Do you play games on Facebook? (Any Sorority Life fans out there?)

3. What's on your nightstand now?

4. What song best describes your life now?

5. What is the best way to find someone to date?

6. Do you dye your hair?

7. What quote or Bible verse gives you encouragement?

8. What is your favorite blog to read?

Now, I'm supposed to tag eight people. I'm not going to do that. I'm tagging Shannon back. And I'm tagging all my readers, public or hidden, to keep it going. Answer my questions, and then ask your own questions, and get to tagging. :)