Thursday, December 31, 2015

Oh, what a year!

I think missing last year's year-in-review was a rather good indication of how the year went and where life was going at that time. I couldn't bring myself to process the year and I didn't have the time to do it.

Finally. Finally. I am getting to that point where I can see the light again. It's been a while.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it. The past several years have been like a wild ride that seemed to never end. Part of it is wisdom and maturity, part of it is determination and courage, and part of it is God, but I am in a totally different place in life than I have ever been. I don't really want to say that I've successfully taken my life back, because, really, I've just learned how to take what is given to me and embrace it, but I have taken control as far as not allowing others to have as much control. It's between me and God right now and I am so, so good with that.

So, let's begin.

January - Went to first college bowl game, the Birmingham Bowl, to see Florida beat East Carolina University. Go Gators! Chomp, chomp! Gamma died. Tedeschi Trucks concert. Saw TUB for the first time. Started staying out past my bedtime.

February - Met a fine specimen of a good, strong, tall, Southern, Auburn fan man. Best friend's four year old son died. Work got moody.

March - Work still moody. Man ends our little fling. Got pink hair. Raging flare up - what else is new? Oh, this one came with lactose intolerance.

April - Happy birthday to me! Really sad about the man fling. Auburn. Decided to change my life as I knew it.

May - That was a blur. Sold my first AU condo. Met another guy. Nothing materialized. Was on Talk of Alabama, promoting Dirty Hippie.

June - Also, a partial blur. Closed on a new AU condo, went to ATL to see the Rolling Stones. Saw DMB at Tuscaloosa Ampitheatre (it was there I realized I could eat dairy again. yay!). Closed on a new condo in BHM. Def Leppard and Styx concerts.

July - Moving. Started allergy shots again. Really getting into this floating in the pool and working on my tan thing. Iris Dement show at WorkPlay.

August - Continued to work on tan. TUB played at Dirty Hippie. Got a new car, Foxy II. Dinner at Ruth's Chris. Things finally started turning around with the state of friendship between that man and I. Hard Working Americans.

September - Lady Antebellum. AU with the man. Van Halen. AU with the man. Realized my autoimmune symptoms were beginning to disappear.

October - Started moving the store. Alabama concert. Started falling hard. Rusted Root, man! Lost my first friend to death. As in, the first person relatively close to my age, who I was currently friends with.

November - Finished moving store. Work began to suck again. .

December - Work still sucked (honestly, I really do love my job. It just takes up so much time I'm not used to spending up and it frustrates me). Got Christmas early and it was the best gift ever, so far :) Christmas, cousin time, Birmingham Bowl to cheer on my AUBURN TIGERS! (War Eagle!), couch toured Widespread's NYE run, decided to name those new year's wishes to candles and blow them out on a cake.

Happy New Year, Y'all.