Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Torn?

I mostly completed my year-in-review earlier today. And then I went to happy hour (because that is rare these days). I had every intention of couch touring Widespread Panic from home, but I stayed and did it from Oasis, until I decided to be an adult and go home to sleep because I'm going to see my Auburn Tigers play in the Birmingham Bowl tomorrow. At 11:00 AM. It was tough. To "couch tour" at the bar, to go to Dave's and see Elijah Butler Band, or to go home and go to bed to wake up early and do the football thang. Decisions, decisions ... And I chose home.

It's been a year, y'all, and it's looking insanely up right now.

You know the superstitions about leaving your tree up past the New Year? About bringing the luck of the last year into the new?

Well, I've seen a lot of bad this past year. A terrible amount of bad. But, I've also seen so much good. And I wouldn't have seen any of that good if it hadn't been for all the bad.

My last grandparent died. A four and a half year old boy died. I felt heartache like I have never felt before. Work stress. A friend died. I felt the fear of the heartache repeating itself.

But, I actually colored my hair pink. I felt the energy of love surge through so many people. I know a different kind of true love. I am living the dream, in terms of a job, I met a great person full of love and life. I know contentment. I am so insanely in love, in a kind of love that just is. A kind of love that is simple and will be what it is meant to be when it is meant to be, yet has such strong feelings and emotions associated with it. I know what the oxytocin high feels like, and it is a better feeling than anything. So good, so amazing, that words do not exist to describe it.

WP just covered "I Can See Clearly Now," followed by "Sitting in Limbo." I feel that 2016 is going to be a good year. It's not simply hoping it will be a good year, but knowing it will be. It's gonna be a bright sunshine-y year. And sitting in limbo is not a bad thing anymore. It's presence. It's contentment.

So, do I take the trees down or keep them up?

Honestly, it doesn't matter. God has a plan. And He has a great one. One better than my dreams. And I am so ready to experience it. And the trees are some of the things that set the mood for all the love this season.